Mini CRM – Field Sales
The use of global positioning system (GPS) technology to track the location of field workers, vehicles, and equipment in real time is referred to as field resource tracking utilising GPS. This information can be put to use to improve operational efficiency while also increasing customer happiness and lowering costs.
There are many different GPS field resource tracking solutions available, ranging from basic devices that can be connected to vehicles or equipment to more complex systems that integrate with field service management (FSM) software. These solutions can be found in a number of price ranges.
The following is a list of some of the benefits that come with utilising GPS for tracking resources in the field:
- Enhanced operational efficacy: GPS monitoring can assist companies in better optimising their field operations by providing real-time visibility into the whereabouts of their resources, which in turn leads to enhanced operational efficiency. This information can be utilised to optimise scheduling, dispatching, and routing, which can ultimately contribute to a reduction in travel time and expenses associated with fuel.
- Customer happiness can be improved when businesses use GPS monitoring because it enables them to deliver more accurate arrival time predictions and to respond more rapidly to customer demands. This results in a higher level of overall customer satisfaction.
- Cost savings: GPS tracking can help businesses cut their expenses by lowering their consumption of fuel, raising the number of miles driven by each vehicle, and lowering the amount of wear and tear on both the vehicles and the equipment they use.
The following is a list of some of the applications that can be made for GPS field resource tracking:
- A construction company can follow the whereabouts of its vehicles and equipment using GPS tracking to guarantee that they are operating according to the schedule and to improve the efficiency of the dispatching process. The use of GPS tracking by a field service firm enables the company to monitor the whereabouts of its technicians, so enabling the company to give customers with accurate arrival time estimates and to ensure that its technicians keep their appointments on time.
- A transportation firm can track the whereabouts of its trucks using GPS tracking to improve its routing and provide consumers with real-time tracking information. This allows the company to better serve its customers’ needs. Generally speaking, in order for enterprises to use GPS field resource tracking, they will need to purchase GPS tracking devices and then put them on their trucks and other pieces of equipment. It’s possible that they’ll also need to invest in FSM software so that they can combine it with their GPS tracking system and use it to manage their field operations.
- When the GPS tracking system has been installed, companies will be able to use a mobile application or a web-based application to retrieve the location data of their resources. With the use of these data, one is able to determine not only the current position of resources but also their history movement patterns.
The tracking of a company’s field resources using GPS can be an extremely helpful tool for organisations of any size. GPS monitoring helps organisations enhance their operational efficiency by offering real-time visibility into the whereabouts of their personnel. This, in turn, helps businesses increase customer satisfaction while simultaneously lowering expenses.
Join Risk Free
30 days refund
Online 24 hours
On all order over
Optrack GPS is a GPS vehicle tracking solution that provides real-time tracking, reporting, and analysis for fleets of all sizes. It can be used to track cars, trucks, vans, buses, and other vehicles. Optrack GPS offers a variety of featuresRead More